Compulynx Ltd is currently looking for passionate, technologically savvy and committed people with a zeal of growth to fill in the position of Business Development Manager (NGO and Education Vertical) - Uganda Office.
The candidate will be responsible for developing new business opportunities which have the potential to drive growth and profitability and to manage the end to end sales process within the NGO and Education market including business development within Uganda territory and then working on agreed, named projects, to manage the complete sales process.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Articulating the CompuLynx value proposition and building Compulynx’ reputation.
- Identifying and prioritizing target accounts after considering the market, political environment, business model, and other key factors
- Achieving target sales goals including overall revenue, number of accounts, and total end users; as well as maintaining a robust pipeline
- Sharing customer insights to better address user requirements
- Becoming the single point of contact for your customers and making yourself accessible in order to assure a great experience.
- Analyzing the market to effectively identify potential clients
- Building timely, strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Work closely with Marketing and develop an in depth knowledge of the customers and consumers
- Develop and maintain with marketing, a deep understanding of current technologies and technology trends as they relate to the vertical, and leverage knowledge into the accelerated development of new platforms and opportunities
- Monitor external factors (mergers/acquisitions, market conditions, corporate organizations) and liaise with Marketing to measure impact on long-range business plans
- Communicate and present to leaders at all levels, up to and including Senior Managements, both internally at CompuLynx well as with external customers
- Develop and manage relationships with key NGO and Education market influencers, providing both business and technical input to position CompuLynx favorably in the global market
1. Client relationship management and customer service
- Develop customer retention strategies
- Solicit customer feedback regularly from the clients and give recommendations for improvement of service delivery.
- Develop strong ties with key customers and accounts and be proactive in understanding the trends and issues likely to impact the market
2. Competitor Analysis
- Monitor and report on market and competitor activities and provide relevant reports on the trends and information for decision making.
- Keep up to date with recent market and industry trends, competitors, and leading customer strategies
- Develop delivery strategies to counter competition.
3. Market Research
- Collate all information on Market and technology research from all the clients.
- Recommends product lines by identifying new product opportunities, and/or product, packaging, and service changes; surveying consumer needs and trends.
- Researches new ways to improve delivery -performance, deliver service, problem solving, and reduce costs and response time for users.
- Performs other job-related duties as necessary that may be added/ modified from time to-time.
- Bachelors Degree in Business Management, IT or related
- At least 5 – 6 years’ experience in IT Sales Solutions,
- Must have a good market understanding of Ugandan Market
- Preferably Ugandan residence
- Preference to individuals with knowledge or background related to the NGOs and Education sectors
- Proven record of meeting large sales targets
- Knowledge and experience in Software Solution sales is preferred.
- Excellent communication & presentation skills
- Team player, Committed, good and organized work ethic
- Able to work under pressure
This vacancy is a full time position.